'It was one of my best races' - Hamilton

Lewis Hamilton labelled his victory at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix as one of his best races and said he could fly back home happy after the race.
Over recent weeks Hamilton has revealed that he has been struggling with problems in his private life and has not looked in contention for a race win since his last victory at the German Grand Prix in July. However, he said his win in Abu Dhabi, in which he held off Fernando Alonso's Ferrari for 55 laps, was a huge boost.
"I feel fantastic, I really feel that it was one of my best races and I said that to myself as I slowed down [after the race]," he said. "Just being able to hold off one of the best drivers in the world throughout the race is something that is very, very tough to do - just looking after the tyres and managing the gaps. Obviously the team did a fantastic job in the pit stops … but I'm ecstatic and really very happy to be back up here. This is great, I can get on my flight tonight and smile."
Hamilton dedicated the victory to his mother, who made the journey out to Abu Dhabi to celebrate her birthday.
"It's my mum's birthday this weekend and it's great to be able to win while she's here," he added.

ESPNF1


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.