Button hails 'perfect job' in India

Jenson Button said he could not have done any better than second place after finishing behind Sebastian Vettel at the inaugural Indian Grand Prix.
Button got within three seconds of Vettel and was always pressing but admitted the Red Bull always had something in reserve.
"The last race I really struggled on the first lap and lost a lot of places so I wanted to redeem myself here," said Button. "I got a good start to get up to second by turn four and then it was just basically trying to hang on to Sebastian. His pace was very good, he didn't seem to make any mistakes and every time through the pit stops we gained a little bit, I don't know if it was the stop itself or after the stop but on tyres when I came out of the box I felt very good and very competitive and that was when I could really close the gap down.
"But as soon as Seb got into a rhythm I couldn't do anything about it really but all in all for the team I think we've done a perfect job today and we couldn't have done anything else."
Button tempered his delight at finishing second with the knowledge that it has been a difficult two weeks for motorsport. Afterwards, he dedicated the race to his junior former rival Dan Wheldon and MotoGP star Marco Simoncelli.
"Yesterday was a disaster for me in qualifying but I think we've put it right here so a good race but as Seb said it's a tough weekend for everyone in motorsport. The last two weekends have been very difficult and we've had two fatalities so it's been difficult obviously with Dan who I knew from a very early age, he was the guy who we always had to beat in the early formulas so I think we should dedicate this first Indian race to Dan and obviously Marco, another super talented youngster who was the most amazing guy to watch on a bike."

ESPNF1


Category Article , ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.