Home > korea gp 2011 > Button laments McLaren's understeer
Button laments McLaren's understeer
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2011 by Deutsch football team euro 2012 wallpaper for android
A bad first lap dropped Button down the order, but he fought back to get on the tail of Webber's Red Bull towards the end, which was harassing Hamilton for second place. However, following the tight final sector, Button struggled to get within a second of Webber at the DRS activation point, which in turn meant he was not allowed to use his rear wing flap to gain a straight-line speed advantage into turn three - his only realistic chance of making a move stick.
"Towards the end of the stints the pace was OK, but I just couldn't get close enough in the last sector," Button told the BBC. "Whether I didn't have enough front-end in the car or what … but I put a lot of front-end in the car during the stops, and still I had so much understeer in the last sector. That meant I couldn't get close enough to them to use DRS and I think I used it once in the whole race."He added: "It's not a great result but it's better than last year, I struggled here a lot last year. It's not one of my better circuits, but I didn't have any more really so fourth was it. I couldn't get close enough to use DRS, so that was it. But we'll go back and look at the data and look at the reasons for it."
Button said he was caught by surprise when Felipe Massa launched his Ferrari past him at turn three on the opening lap, which dropped him from third to sixth.
"The start itself was alright and then I thought Mark was behind me down into turn three, I don't know where Massa was … I braked where I felt it was correct, and it felt correct, but then I turned in and there was a car there," Button said. "I couldn't see him at all before I actually turned in, and then I was stuck on the outside and lost a lot of places. I don't think it would have changed my race, even if I didn't have a bad first lap because I just wasn't quick enough today."
ESPNF1
ESPNF1
Category Article f1 news, jenson button, korea gp 2011
Powered by Blogger.
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(8412)
-
▼
October
(643)
- India Under-19 start with a win against Turkmenistan
- Marouane Chamakh Striker Out Of Champions League C...
- Abu Dhabi GP 2011 - Yas Marina Circuit (11-13 Nove...
- United Sikkim FC does another first
- Notlandung auf dem Hamburger Flughafen: Condor-Fli...
- Formula One labels India a success
- Ecclestone 'very happy' with India
- Barcelona defender Dani Alves
- Striker Robert Hall Only Experienced One Defeat In...
- Solskjaer wins Molde FK first Norwegian title
- German Cup: Round of 16 draw out
- Cristiano Ronaldo Biography
- “A very good result – and second place secured in ...
- Button hails 'perfect job' in India
- Who said what after the Indian Grand Prix
- 20th Kohima Royal Gold Cup next month
- Sebastian Vettel cruises to Indian GP victory ahea...
- FIFA 12 HD High Realistic Amazing Combination Grap...
- Kimi Raikkonen chases F1 return with Williams in 2012
- Button bemoans 'disaster qualifying'
- Colm Toal: We will be competitive
- Who said what after the India GP Qualifying
- FIFA 12 Real grass turf mod 2pi v.1
- Sebastian Vettel secures 13th pole position of the...
- Edu Football League to revive Football in Punjab
- Vettel goes fastest in final practice in India
- Robin Dutt returns to Freiburg tonight
- Emmanuel Adebayor Has Scored Three Goals For Totte...
- India Under-19 boys lands in Tehran for Qualifiers
- Felipe Massa tops second Indian Grand Prix practice
- Hamilton and Perez hit with three-place grid penal...
- Watch Live Formula 1 (F1) [Alternative 4]
- World Cup 2014 qualifying Argentina squad.
- Lewis Hamilton fastest in first free practice for ...
- Carlos Tevez Has Not Played For City Since They Be...
- Michael Chopra was in rehab for gambling addiction
- Times of India GP
- Ecclestone sends warning to Korea
- Brazil and Santos Legend Pele Celebrated His 71st ...
- Schiffsradar Hamburg: Toller Service auf hamburg.de
- City Blitz Silences Wolves and Mancini's Men Book ...
- Robin Van Persie Has Scored Nine Time in 13 Games ...
- Man City fine Tevez, who might take legal action a...
- Two DRS zones for India’s Buddh International
- India preview - a new dawn near New Delhi
- McLaren Mercedes - 2011 Indian GP preview
- India preview quotes - McLaren, Red Bull, Force In...
- VIDEO: Best Goals Compilation 2010/11
- Sarah Engels bei Radio Hamburg: Sendung wurde abge...
- Halloween Hamburg 2011: Partys und Veranstaltungen...
- New front wing for McLaren in India
- Homeless World Cup: Brazil top, India in 39th place
- The Big Payback: Drew League vs. Goodman Highlights
- LaMarcus Aldridge To Host Exhibition Basketball Ga...
- NBA Owners' Mutual Dependence Outweighs Divisions
- OKC Thunder's Serge Ibaka Signs Deal To Play In Sp...
- Buddh circuit under capacity for first race
- FRANCE FOOTBALL 50 CANDIDATES FOR FIFA GOLDEN BALL...
- Barcelona And Real Madrid are great teams.
- Per Mertesacker Eyes Top Four And German Stopper F...
- Former England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson
- Sorry for Patchy/Irregular Updates
- At Long Last, Crunch Time
- Nets' Deron Williams Says He And His Family Are Sa...
- Javier Hernandez Signs Five Year Manchester United...
- Villa Appeal Herd Red Card and Villa Boss Blames G...
- An afternoon at the Saltlake Stadium
- Dominican Republic 2011 Team Wallpaper
- D-Wade 2011 Heat Posing Widescreen Wallpaper
- Tim Duncan Career Timeline 1920x1080 Wallpaper
- Casio - Aguilar - Tiu Widescreen Wallpaper
- Tony Parker Asvel Widescreen Wallpaper
- Labor Talks: Season On The Brink…
- Carmelo Anthony Thinks NBA Season Will Be Played, ...
- Blake Griffin Hurt, Pulls Out Of Sunday's Charity ...
- John Wall Might Enter Next Slam Dunk Contest
- Reiza Studios Announces New Ayrton Senna Game
- Simoncelli dies from injuries suffered in Malaysia...
- New Jersey set to host F1 race in 2013
- Top 10 Best Football Defender In The World
- I-League kicks-off tomorrow
- Cristiano Ronaldo is Not a Selfish Player Says Rea...
- Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi will not be leav...
- Formula 1 Buzz in New Delhi ahead of Indian Grand ...
- In Hamburg sind die Hühner los
- Fifa confirms World Cup 2014
- VIDEO: TenAction+ I-League Promo
- Transfer News for Chelsea Target Kevin De Bruyne
- FC Barcelona to train Indian kids
- Doubts over the future of Korean Grand Prix
- Mosley urges further driver safety
- FIA to help with Wheldon investigation
- US GP organisers on the hunt for home-grown talent
- Ranking FIFA 2011
- Kersten-Miles-Brücke: Bald mit Luxus-Klo für Obdac...
- Hamburg im Herbst 2011
- Dwight Stuff May Help Nets Hang On To Deron
- Sixers Expected To Announce Sale Tuesday
- Super Cup: East Bengal win on penalties
- HVV Hamburg: Ab 2012 im Bus die Fahrkarten vorzeigen
- Hamburg Gedichte von Friedrich von Schiller
- Spy arsenal of Poland's communist-era secret polic...
- Transfer news, rumours and gossip from Tuesday's p...
- Arsenal Set To Snare 'New Vieira' From Man Utd - F...
- Lionel Messi amazing Skill Pass ! - YouTube
- Champions League Group E preview: Chelsea right at...
- Paper Round: Chelsea give out 'free' tickets - Yah...
- Wenger: Nightmare summer set us back - ESPN
- October 18 – Henry Sets Arsenal Scoring Record - S...
- Olympiakos out to down Dortmund - SuperSport.com
- Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has settled quic...
- Sportsday Live - Tuesday 18 October - BBC News
- Premier League Round-up 15th/16th October: City To...
- Real Madrid dominates over Real Betis - Caspionet
- Chelsea boss weighs up Torres recall - Emirates 24/7
- Knockout stages already in sight for Euro big guns...
- The Race For EPL's Fourth Spot - Jakarta Globe
- Groping a Penguin, Cristiano Ronaldo Signs Up for ...
- Leverkusen bid to end Spanish hoodoo - Moneycontro...
- Real Madrid dominates over Real Betis - Caspionet
- Wenger says half the Arsenal team wanted to leave ...
- FC Barcelona 3-0 Racing Santander All Goals 15/10/...
- David Moyes fears Ross Barkley could be lured away...
- Safety of Eastie property unclear - Boston Globe
- VIDEO: Bayern Munich chance for India's youngsters
- Clinically Progressive - ESPN (blog)
- Vellios goal vital - Jagielka - SkySports
- Van Persie double lifts Arsenal, Newcastle hold Sp...
-
▼
October
(643)