Pau Gasol shrugs off this trade report


"The trade rumors kept mixing around Pau Gasol, who became a trending topic Friday on Twitter after a basketball author erroneously reported the Lakers were trading him.

As of Friday, though, the Lakers weren't expecting to move Gasol before Thursday's trade deadline, according to a person familiar with the situation. They've wanted a young star in return and haven't heard anything to their liking.

That could change over the next several days, though that was definitely Gasol in a Lakers uniform against the Minnesota Timberwolves, scoring 12 points and taking 11 rebounds in the Lakers' 105-102 victory Friday.

"People already assumed that I was basically gone," said Gasol, who even heard from well-wishers on his Twitter account. "There was some 'Thank you for your services' and 'Good luck' and all that."

Fans were responding to a Twitter post from Roland Lazenby, who once wrote a book about Jerry West.

"It seems we'll soon be getting news that Gasol has been traded," Lazenby wrote Friday afternoon. "No details confirmed, but he's apparently gone."

Gasol shrugged it off.

"I said to myself, if there was anything serious about to happen, I would get a call from a significant person and I didn't get that," Gasol said. "Anybody can start up rumors. They start up small and they come out big. I can't control certain things and I'm just going to continue to do my job as best as I can. The less I hear about it, the better, but March 15 is around the corner, so one way or another I'll be here or I'll be … who knows?""

Click here for full article


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.