Senna apologises for Alguersuari clash


Bruno Senna broke his front wing in the collision with Jaime Alguersuari © Sutton Images
Enlarge

Bruno Senna apologised to Jaime Alguersuari for the first corner collision which put the Toro Rosso out of the Belgian Grand Prix.
With Alguersuari and Senna having impressed when qualifying sixth and seventh respectively, their hopes of points-scoring finishes were ended in turn one when Senna ran in to the side of Alguersuari, who in turn broke his suspension against the rear of Fernando Alonso's Ferrari. Senna admitted that he had to take full responsibility for the clash.
"Unfortunately I made a mistake in the first corner, which cost me the chance of really causing a stir at the top end for the remainder of the race," Senna said. "So, firstly I would like to say sorry to Jaime (Alguersuari) for that. I made a mistake in the braking area, so that meant I slipped back and couldn't compete where I wanted to; this left me quite lonely at the back for a while!"

Despite only finishing 13th at the end of the race, Senna said he was pleased with his recovery drive in the circumstances.
"Once I'd paid the price with the drive through penalty I was able to start making some progress and my race pace was actually quite strong, so I kept pushing and was pleased with how I drove from then on. Obviously I would like to have finished higher, considering my grid position, but I've now got a good pace to build on and take me through to Monza, which is another of my favourite tracks. We'll sit down and learn where we can improve but the foundations are there."

ESPNF1


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.