Bastian:"I didn't snub German President"

Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has apologised to German president Joachim Gauck after appearing to reject his handshake in the aftermath of the Champions League final.







Schweinsteiger, 27, missed Bayern's decisive spot-kick as they fell to a penalty shootout defeat to Chelsea in Saturday's showpiece at the Allianz Arena.
And in photographs of the post-match presentation, it seemed the Germany international had snubbed the advances of Gauck, though Schweinsteiger insists he did not see the president, who was elected his country's leader in March.
"This is a misunderstanding,'' Schweinsteiger said in a statement on Bayern's website. "After this great disappointment, I perceived nothing around me. I was desperately disappointed, paralysed.
"I did not see the hand of the federal president. I'm sorry that this moment gave a different impression. I want to apologise to the president.''

Source: espn.com

Daniela 


What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.