Webber looks to improve starts


Mark Webber was caught up behind Fernando Alonso for large parts of the race © Getty Images
Enlarge
Mark Webber says that he needs to improve his race starts to help him secure better results after he finished third in the Singapore Grand Prix.
Webber started the race in second place, and after Jenson Button said it was important to get ahead of him in to turn one, Webber had a poor getaway to fall to fourth. It follows a number of bad starts this season, including one in Spa where he fell to eighth by the first corner having started third. Webber said it is an area that he will work on, because he believes it cost him second place in Singapore.
"Unfortunately I find myself having to come back through too often this season, I can't make the starts I made last year at the moment, need to work on those," Webber said. "We'll look at them and definitely improve, I've just got to keep working harder because it makes it quite frustrating and it's more risky again to come back through and try to regain positions on the track, particularly when the DRS isn't working. In the end I probably lost a position today out of that, JB put a good last stint together so it would have been a good battle with him even if I did have track position."
After congratulating Vettel, Webber said he still had to be pleased with a podium on a track that he struggles slightly on.
"Seb clearly deserved the victory. Overall if you come here and you say you have a podium - of course you would love a win and that's what we all strive for but this is a very challenging venue. It's nice to have the car in one piece for everybody, the guys have done a great job all weekend, and for me in particular it's not the easiest track for me. It's challenging for quite a few of us but I don't seem to be super quick round here."

ESPNF1


Category Article ,

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.